Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Wow! This is amazing, and @ckreiswirth is amazing. 💕💪🏼 https://t.co/1dwtjP5ZUd about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/jI3MaXItKw 10:50:55 AM August 22, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Such a fun read about the woman who inspired the new movie (which I can't wait to see)! via @runnersworld https://t.co/okB7XKpdvs 10:40:10 AM August 22, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 21, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 164: Carrie Kreiswirth, Breast Cancer Survivor & Marathoner
- August 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 163: You Can Run a Marathon with Alexi Pappas
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
My Current Music Must-Haves
Lately, it’s gotten harder and harder to get up with my dreaded 5:30 am alarm. But I recently downloaded a handful of songs that I am loving, and that’s making my morning runs much more fun.
Here’s what I’ve got on my playlist right now:
- Time Warp — Glee Cast
- Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor) — Pitbull featuring T-Pain
- Le Jazz Hot — Glee Cast
- Touch a Touch a Touch a Touch Me — Glee Cast (Noticing a Glee theme yet?)
- Turn Around (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) — Flo Rida
- Start Me Up / Livin’ On a Prayer — Glee Cast
- What’s My Name — Rihanna
- Singing In the Rain / Umbrella — Glee Cast
- Liv Tonight — Nelly & Keri Hilson
- The Time (Dirty Bit) — Black Eyed Peas
- XR2 — M.I.A.
- Teenage Dream — Glee Cast
So obviously if you’re not a Glee fan, you’re probably not going to be a huge fan of this playlist. But these tunes all have great beats and I sing along to them in my head as I run. Admittedly, sometimes I sing out loud, too.
I had a pretty good run this morning because of a few factors:
- I got LOTS of rest last night and all throughout the weekend. Sore throat = gone. Stuffy nose = gone.
- It was warm out! It was 48 degrees when I left my apartment. Perfect running weather.
- In some sort of Central Park miracle, the bathrooms at the Boathouse were open at 6:20 am! That’s been unheard of, and it was incredibly convenient that they were open this morning. Had they not been, the 7-miler wouldn’t have been nearly as successful.
- It’s a short week! How can I be grumpy when I only have 2.5 days of work standing between me, my family and lots of stuffing and gravy?
Happening in my life today: Work, gym (hoping to take chisel and maybe cardio tai box—we’ll see), then home to watch “Dancing with the Stars” (not by choice—I have to blog about it for work). Have a great day!
TELL ME: What are you listening to these days? Got an awesome song recommendations? Please share!