Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
A Change in Pace
It’s Saturday morning at 9:30 and I haven’t gone running yet. I haven’t showered. I haven’t made my To Do list. In fact, I just got up. Amazing.
For the past year, I’ve been setting my alarm on Saturday and Sunday mornings. ABS has kind of despised me for it, but I’ve loved waking up to beat the crowds in Central Park. Plus, when it was hot in the summer, I wanted to run to beat the heat.
But now it’s cold out, and I’m sick, and I’ve been so tired all month.
Thus, no alarm today.
And I didn’t get out of bed until 9:08 am. Feels oh so good… I actually feel rested and I’m looking forward to getting to sleep in again tomorrow.
Unfortunately, the inevitable has happened: I am, in fact, sick. It’s just a cold, and it’s manageable. But stuffy noses get me down.
I’m glad I took yesterday off from work. I was able to rest all day and be productive around the apartment, which soothes my mind.
Then last night, ABS and I went out for sushi and then saw Elf on Broadway.
However. The music was fun. The songs were catchy. The characters were fantastic. All in all it was a fun family show and ABS and I both had a good time.
Believe it or not, I even stayed awake for half an episode of “30 Rock” when we got back to the apartment. Then it was off to get 8 glorious hours of sleep. Happy Ali.
Now I’m prepping for a little run, some errands and then my first hot yoga class!
I’m still a bit nervous about the class. I’m not set on what I’m going to wear because I’m not comfortable wearing just shorts and a sports bra, which is what many people have said they do. I think I’ll be distracted staring at my belly, and I’d rather have it covered up.
Any other hot yoga advice before I go to class this afternoon? Last chance!
TELL ME: What are your weekend guilty pleasures?