Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s hard not to play the comparison game sometimes when it comes to running and social media. Every weekend morni… https://t.co/aM5H9M1OmL about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 02:45:55 PM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC 07:34:49 AM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My gift to myself for surviving my first year of motherhood was the gift of family photos — taken by the same perso… https://t.co/BSf4zcicWd 07:33:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Today I Resolve to Take More Deep Breaths
I can’t remember the last time I didn’t feel stressed out.
Oh wait. Yes I can… Ahhhhh.
As soon as I got back from Mexico, my days have been like tornadoes, whipping me all over the place.
I’ve been waking up at 5:30 every morning. I’ve been running every morning. I’ve been sitting at a computer every day with my eyes getting blurrier by the hour. I’ve been going to the gym every night. And I’ve definitely NOT been getting enough sleep.
At the risk of embarking on a downward spiral of stress and negative thoughts, I am officially resolving to start de-stressing. Now.
This morning started off with a risky run. Not as bad as yesterday—I made it back to my apartment this time—but still pretty rough. I covered 6.5 miles but man was I hurting. At least Central Park was looking pretty in all is foliage-y glory.
I also fear that I’m getting sick. So I’m drinking lots of liquids to combat any oncoming cold I might have. My throat feels like sandpaper, but I don’t have any other symptoms. Here’s hoping I can scare them away with water, tea and REST.
That’s right, rest.
I didn’t even bring my gym back to work today.
Tonight, when my work is done, I will go to Whole Foods to pick up supplies (it’s right across the street from my office—so wonderfully convenient) and then I will go home. I promised ABS tacos. I want soft shells, he wants hard shells.
Which do you prefer?
OK, off to conquer the workday. Lots of meetings today. Deep breath #1…aaaahhhhh.
Oh and I still haven’t watched Tuesday’s episode of “Glee,” which was supposedly amazing. If I beat ABS home I can watch it before he says, “Can’t we find something to watch together?” Which usually translates to me letting him put on sports while I find something else to do. Cohabitation is bliss. Hehe.
Seriously though, it’s pretty awesome. Even if he won’t watch TV musical shows with me.