Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Fun Fall Fitness
I’m so excited because I have a few fun fitness-y things to look forward to in the next few weeks.
First, I’m finally taking my first hot yoga class! Pure Yoga in NYC is offering free classes this weekend—Happy Thanksgiving, yogis!—and I was lucky enough to secure a spot in the Saturday afternoon Hot Power Yoga class.
So, readers, I need your help. This is my first hot yoga class, so please please please give me any advice you have.
I’m thinking I’ll wear short shorts and a breathable tank top (I swear by Lululemon’s Cool Racerback tanks), and I’ll finally get use out of my new yoga mat! Does that seem like it’ll work? I’m obviously planning to bring a giant water bottle and I know not to eat too much beforehand.
Any other advice people can give would be amazing. I’m a little nervous and super excited.
Then, in December, Dori hooked me up with a spot in the Refine Method class she’s hosting. I’m looking forward to this one because I’ve been wanting to try a Bar Method or Physique 57 class for a while but haven’t wanted to shell out the cash. So thanks, Dori, for the hookup! Also, the class is taught by Brynn Jinnett, who’s a former dancer. I’m hoping I can get some face time with her afterward to pick her brain.
Again, if you’ve tried a Refine Method (or similar) class, go ahead and share your wealth of knowledge. I’m new!
OK, to recap my day…
After a rough start, my workday got pretty crazy. Lots to do in preparation for having a few days off next week! Trust me, I’m not complaining. It’s going to be so nice spending some time out of the city with my whole extended family.
Speaking of family, here’s my sister-in-law (Michaela), my brother and me after dinner at Tony’s DiNapoli last night. I swear I’m still full from that meal…
So after being really busy all day at work, I scooted over to the gym for Spinning with Matt Pest. I really love Matt’s class. I might have a little crush on him because he always rocks out to music from “Glee” and Broadway’s American Idiot. But mostly I like him because he’s always so positive. He’ll say things like “Push it for the next 12 counts—What’s 12 counts out of your whole day?!” He makes a valid point, no? I love it at the very end of class, during that last uphill climb, he asks us all “Who’s stronger than you tonight?” Um, duh. No one.
Except tonight, I think lots of people were stronger than me. My body felt exhausted. I need more sleep. Hence why, now that I’m home, I’m forgoing my lengthy to-do list—which includes watching last night’s episode of “Glee”—and crawling into bed. Time for some cuddling and “30 Rock.” Happy Ali.
Hopefully tomorrow morning will lead to a better run for me than what I experienced today. Fingers crossed.