Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye about 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Let Christmas Shiiiine!
I’m normally a “Wait until after Thanksgiving has passed to celebrate the holidays” kind of girl.
But for the past three years, I’ve enjoyed the wonderful privilege of attending opening night of The Radio City Christmas Spectacular here in NYC.
It. Is. Awesome. Opening night always falls in early November, so it gets me into the holiday spirit way before I need to be.
If you’ve never seen the show, you absolutely must. You don’t need to celebrate Christmas to appreciate the high-kicking Rockettes, the magical sets and the stunning costumes.
In college, I was the captain of the Kickline team. Like the Rockettes, only jazzier! Seeing this show every year makes me incredibly nostalgic.
Obviously I had a fantastic evening, and was so happy to get to share it with two lovely friends. Betsy and Lauren (who was my college roommate) were both a part of Team Challenge and ran the 1/2 Marathon in Las Vegas with me!
All in all today was a good day—perhaps because now I’m officially on vacation!
Work was productive—I even got out at lunch to do some grocery shopping at Whole Foods. I stocked up on cereal and trail mix ingredients so I can bring my own snacks to Mexico. I don’t want to rely entirely on the resort food. You just never know.
After work, pre-Rockettes, I squeezed in a quick gym trip and took BodyArt with Rachel C W, who was subbing for Bethany, the usual teacher. The class wasn’t very hard, which was disappointing, though I think my body is OK with that.
It was also great chatting with CJ, my new gym buddy! We met through Social Workout, and she’s a blog reader! Hi CJ!
Tomorrow is my pre-vacation day, and I’m so glad I decided to take it off from work. I have to get my Remicade infusion in the morning—more on that tomorrow for those who are curious—then it’s off to the gym, errand running, laundry and hopefully an evening run before I pack (and I guess I should do that before the laundry, hehe).
DISCUSS: What are your pre-vacation rituals? Any must-do activities? I have a pretty thorough packing list, but of course I’m paranoid I’ll forget to buy/pack/wash something. Share any vacation packing tips you have, please!