Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- With the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials just 11 days away (!!!), here are some of my favorite people to follow for gr… https://t.co/iJmsBCGB1D 08:26:37 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 01:37:33 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: Olympic Trials live show information + all the past Ali on the Run Show guests who will be running! https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 09:46:54 AM February 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Valentine's Day! Love, the Ali on the Run Show — and @karagoucher & @Adam_Goucher! It's the fifth and final e… https://t.co/zSYFru5ccV 08:19:43 AM February 14, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 209: Catching Up with Andrea Barber
- February 17, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Live in Atlanta + Runners to Watch at the Olympic Marathon Trials
- February 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 208: Love on the Run Week with Kara & Adam Goucher
- February 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
- February 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 206: Love on the Run Week with Steph & Ben Bruce
Let Christmas Shiiiine!
I’m normally a “Wait until after Thanksgiving has passed to celebrate the holidays” kind of girl.
But for the past three years, I’ve enjoyed the wonderful privilege of attending opening night of The Radio City Christmas Spectacular here in NYC.
It. Is. Awesome. Opening night always falls in early November, so it gets me into the holiday spirit way before I need to be.
If you’ve never seen the show, you absolutely must. You don’t need to celebrate Christmas to appreciate the high-kicking Rockettes, the magical sets and the stunning costumes.
In college, I was the captain of the Kickline team. Like the Rockettes, only jazzier! Seeing this show every year makes me incredibly nostalgic.
Obviously I had a fantastic evening, and was so happy to get to share it with two lovely friends. Betsy and Lauren (who was my college roommate) were both a part of Team Challenge and ran the 1/2 Marathon in Las Vegas with me!
All in all today was a good day—perhaps because now I’m officially on vacation!
Work was productive—I even got out at lunch to do some grocery shopping at Whole Foods. I stocked up on cereal and trail mix ingredients so I can bring my own snacks to Mexico. I don’t want to rely entirely on the resort food. You just never know.
After work, pre-Rockettes, I squeezed in a quick gym trip and took BodyArt with Rachel C W, who was subbing for Bethany, the usual teacher. The class wasn’t very hard, which was disappointing, though I think my body is OK with that.
It was also great chatting with CJ, my new gym buddy! We met through Social Workout, and she’s a blog reader! Hi CJ!
Tomorrow is my pre-vacation day, and I’m so glad I decided to take it off from work. I have to get my Remicade infusion in the morning—more on that tomorrow for those who are curious—then it’s off to the gym, errand running, laundry and hopefully an evening run before I pack (and I guess I should do that before the laundry, hehe).
DISCUSS: What are your pre-vacation rituals? Any must-do activities? I have a pretty thorough packing list, but of course I’m paranoid I’ll forget to buy/pack/wash something. Share any vacation packing tips you have, please!