Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
So I wasn’t lucky enough to be one of the first 50 people to get into the 2011 NYC Marathon. There will be another lottery drawing in April, which of course feels decades away!
Until then I’ll obviously keep running as I have been (7 miles this morning—love that it’s light out again!). It’s hard not to feel sad right now. I was totally psyched up yesterday thinking I might have a shot at a random lottery drawing.
Onto the next one!
You know what makes me smile? Shiny new purchases. I did some damage yesterday but love everything I picked up. Lululemon, my credit card loves you (and so do I).
The sweatshirt will be perfect for my flight to Mexico and the long-sleeved shirt is seriously the softest thing I have ever felt. And both have thumbholes. I’m a sucker for thumbholes.
I bought the yoga mat because I really want to get into yoga—especially if I’m going to train for a marathon someday—and loosen my body up. The public mats at the gym skeeve me out, so now I have my own! I’m convinced that owning the gear will be the final motivation I need.
So despite the bummer of not getting into the NYC Marathon early, I’m still a happy girl. Today is my last workday this week. I have tomorrow off then it’s Mexico on Thursday. Yay!
Oh and tonight KICKS off the holiday season! I know, I’m so punny. I’m going to opening night of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Love those work perks. And I love the Rockettes!
Hope everyone is having a great day!