Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
I Run Faster When I’m Cold
I am so looking forward to Daylight Savings Time this weekend!
Getting out of bed wasn’t easy this morning. My alarm went off at 4:30 am again — Darn it, Steve Jobs, help fix my iPhone! An hour later, when it was actually time to get up, I did so very reluctantly.
Bed = warm and cozy
Central Park = dark and freezing
But as always, I reminded myself how great I’ll feel once I’m out there, and how great I’ll really feel once the run is over.
My phone said it was 37 degrees out. Once the temperature starts dropping I have a hard time figuring out what to wear. Today I went with capri pants, a long-sleeved cotton dry fit Nike shirt and a super old puffy vest that I got at the Gap in high school. I was very comfortable, especially since it was dark the whole time I was out.
I’m still adjusting to my new running route. It’s 6 miles, instead of the 5 I used to do every morning at my old apartment. It’s also in Central Park, so it’s much hillier, whereas my old course was totally flat.
I’m keeping my pace pretty consistent, I think (gotta get that Garmin), and I’m enjoying the change of scenery and new people watching. Though I can’t see too much—it’s dark out!
One thing I noticed yesterday and again today is that I feel like I’m flying lately. I’m not sure whether or not my pace has picked up, or just leveled out because of the added hills, but in my last mile today I felt like I was comfortably sprinting.
I think it’s the weather. My muscles had finally warmed up—or gone numb, I’m not sure—and my breathing was even and steady. I just felt really good. Can’t complain about that!
I did experience a bit of under-bra chafing—sorry for any image I just put in your head—so I’m hoping to make some time to run out on lunch today and get some Body Glide at Jack Rabbit. I’ll also be ready to invest in new sneakers soon, which is always a treat!
In non-running news (for once), the apartment is so, so great. I can’t believe how much we got done last night and I’m thrilled with the progress we’ve made.
I’m used to being very confined to my bedroom, but now I have all the space in the world.
After my run this morning, I stretched and did crunches in the living room, showered in my own bathroom, turned on the Today show in the bedroom and got ready in my “office.”
I’m a happy girl.
Have a great day, everyone!