Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
I Survived My First Day!
Well, so far at least.
As productive as ABS and I were all weekend, there was (and is) still so much to be done at the apartment!
We got to bed fairly early last night and, as predicted, I didn’t sleep very well. I knew I’d be giddy in the morning, with a new running route and new commute ahead of me. So I tossed and turned a lot and practically jumped out of bed when my alarm went off at 5:30 am.
Although it was actually 4:30 am! Apparently there was some glitch with the iPhone alarms for people today. Crazy, right? Anyway, I was pretty excited to end up getting an extra hour of sleep, even though I was totally confused.
So, fast forward to the real 5:30 am. This time I did leap out of bed, ready to lace up my running stuff and head to Central Park for my new morning route.
I ran from the apartment to the park, ran the 4-mile loop within the park and then ran back home. It ended up being just under 6 miles. Tomorrow morning I’ve re-routed it a bit and it will be 6 miles on the dot (pleasing my OCD very much).
The park was really dark, and a little scary, to be honest. I had my music on really low so that I could be alert. It was comforting that there were so many runners out at that time, and it really is well-lit on the running path, but I was still cautious.
Once I got back, I ran around trying to get my bearings. Getting used to my new morning routine will take some time.
My commute wasn’t bad at all. I work in midtown south, near Penn Station, so I took a crosstown bus to the downtown 1 train. It took about 45 minutes door-to-door, which is what I predicted. I’ll be testing out different routes all week until I find one I really like.
After work I went to the gym for a tough Chisel class. Angel really kicked our butts today with a solid 30 minutes of squats. My thighs were feeling the burn, that’s for sure!
Then I met ABS near his office and we commuted home together. Fun!
We were lazy about dinner (already, we’re so bad, I know). I had a bowl of cereal and he had some lobster ravioli from Omaha Steaks. We were both happy with our meals though, so we can’t complain.
From there, I morphed into Type A+ productive mode. And the apartment is looking great! Photos to come soon, I promise…
We even took a quick break from cleaning and unpacking to run to the grocery store. I love that this area has such a neighborhoody-feel and everything is so close by. We have two grocery stores within two blocks of our apartment!
The living room is huge and it’s set up with the exception of the TV and any decorations. I did hang curtains though! The kitchen is set up, too, and once I organize my clothes and my shoes, the bedroom and “office area” downstairs are good to go.
I also got to set up my upstairs bathroom today (We each have our own bathrooms, how great is that?), which I obviously loved.
All in all, things are really coming together. It was so hard to focus at work today because all I wanted to do was come home and unpack and decorate. It’ll all come together soon enough though.
On another note: I’ve decided not to run the Disney World 1/2 Marathon in January. The costs were starting to get too high and I’m not in a place to be throwing money away right now, even though I know it would be a great race.
That being said, I’m on the hunt for a 1/2 marathon! I’m not ready to train for a full right now (not in the dead of winter in NYC!), and I get bored with 5ks and 10ks. So I’m looking for a great half, preferably somewhere near NYC. If you’ve got any suggestions, please leave them in the comments!
Whew. Time for a hot shower, “30 Rock” and bed.
Once I get settled into my routine I promise to be better about blogging, with more frequent, scheduled posts and loads more photos. Until then, it’s just me and my words…