- Paris Day 3 [so far]: ate two pain au chocolat for breakfast, toured the Palace of Versailles,… https://t.co/JqSuyx9YNf about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- An American [eating a Nutella crepe] in Paris. @ Tour Eiffel https://t.co/5ivwyFw2yc about 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: A letter to my angry body. https://t.co/DkeqB3vIZu 08:18:17 AM September 27, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Anniversary, @brian_cristiano. Thanks for showing me the world and making even my wildest… https://t.co/qr9kDgbTJI 07:28:50 PM September 26, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- September 24, 2016 by AliA Letter To My Body
- September 21, 2016 by AliI Had My Wisdom Teeth Removed!
- September 19, 2016 by AliNew York City Marathon Training: Week 9
- September 15, 2016 by AliThankful Things Thursday: Six Happy Things (Including A PRO Compression Giveaway!)
- September 12, 2016 by AliNew York City Marathon Training: Week 8
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
All Moved In, Not At All Unpacked
Whew! What a weekend!
Let me preface this all by saying that I just made Meghann’s delicious peanut butter cups, and I am in heaven. They. Are. Awesome. Thanks for the recipe — And for those of you on the Upper East Side, let me know if you want a sample! You can come trick or treat to me.
And the inside…
For our first official, home-cooked meal together, ABS made some steak with a side of broccoli. I chowed down too fast to get a photo. Next time! But in short, it was delicious.
OK, so let’s recap the weekend, shall we? Because while it was Halloween Weekend for some, it was MOVING WEEKEND for me!
I woke up bright and early Saturday morning and, to get in the right frame of mind, went for my last morning run along the Hudson River Parkway (well, not for good, but you get my drift). The run was perfect. Sunny, cool, a bit breezy. I got in 8.5 miles at a brisk 8:40 pace.
Side note: Thinking I do, in fact, want to invest in the Garmin Forerunner. Still very much welcoming peoples’ thoughts and opinions though!
After my run, I took my last shower at 4A then did some last minute packing. Next thing I knew, ABS and his awesome friend (I call him Roper, his last name) were pulling up to my building in the U-Haul van.
The boys made the day amazing. They did all the heavy lifting. I carried a few pillows and held a few doors, but other than that they did everything, and I am incredibly grateful.
We ended up taking two trips because between the bed (with the box spring, mattress and frame), dresser, desk, chair, couch and other miscellaneous boxes, we couldn’t make it all in one shot.
Luckily we got parking spots right in front of our apartments both times and didn’t any traffic driving back and forth. Piece of cake (for me at least!).
All in all, the move itself went really smoothly. The bedroom is all set up (the first thing I did when I got here was make the bed, obviously) and I’ll get the living room all done tomorrow night.
After doing some unpacking yesterday and taking a short nap with ABS, we got dressed up and I took the boys out for some celebratory dinner and drinks.
I was dressed in full Flashdance attire, but didn’t take any photos of myself.
We went to Mustang’s on the Upper East Side for some delicious Mexican food (I had steak fajitas) then went to a party at ABS’s friend’s apartment. Lovely little night in my new neighborhood.
After spending my first night in the new place, and sleeping in a bit, I went for a run in Central Park. I ran there, did the 5-mile loop in the park, then ran home, totaling 7 miles. I would have liked to cover a bit more ground because I was feeling good, but I had lots to do today and needed to get back HOME to do it.
I have to say, it’s really fun being so close to Central Park!
After a quick shower, I went with ABS and Roper to their soccer game on the Lower East Side. We did our first joint grocery shopping trip at Whole Foods, then I went to my friend’s apartment to visit with our college friend who was in town for the weekend.
After that, ABS and I made dinner… And set off the smoke alarm. Many, many times. Oops.
We made steak with a side of broccoli (we share a love for A1 steak sauce and tons of garlic), which was so good. Nothing was burnt, the smoke alarm is just very sensitive I guess.
Now I have my first load of laundry going, I’ve unpacked a few more boxes and we’re about to settle in for some peanut butter dessert and “30 Rock.”
I am so excited to be living with ABS. We’ve already laughed a lot, high fived a lot and agreed on who will cook and clean and who will take out the trash.
Whoever cooks doesn’t have to clean up, and he takes out the trash because it grosses me out.
Also, he brought me flowers tonight, which made me happy. I warned him not to spoil me too much. Hehe.
And that’s my weekend in a really long nutshell! I hope everyone else had a fabulous one, and I’ll be back this week with my moving advice regarding what worked, what didn’t and what I will and will not do again.
Happy Halloween and, in a few hours, Happy November!