Subscribe to my Blog!Enter your email address below:
Follow Me – AliOnTheRun1
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- November 30, 2012 by Ali'Tis The Season To Be Giving (So How About An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway?)
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
10 Reasons Today Was A Great Day
For some reason, at just 9:30 pm, I find myself completely exhausted. In honor of my sleepiness, a short (but sweet) list post! And now…
10 Reasons Today Was A Great Day:
- I had a good run. My alarm went off at 6 am, as usual, and my first thought was, “Wow, I have no idea what day it is.” My second thought: “Time to run!” I got up and had a great run. Legs felt loose, I felt pretty fast and it was, as usual, the right way to start my day. (It’s Tuesday, by the way.)
- I decided to wear my favorite dress—and it’s too big. I’m not trying to lose weight, I’m just trying to maintain where I am now. But I can’t complain that the dress I wear all the time is suddenly baggy. And a coworker even noticed!
- Before I even left for work, I packed an entire bag (er, hamper) full of clothes. In preparation for tomorrow night’s mini-move, I’m trying to use all my time to get as much done as possible. Dresser emptied before 8 am = success!
- I got Chipotle for lunch. Need I say more? I get a bowl with rice, chicken, tomatoes and corn. Pretty simple, but oh-so-fulfilling.
- On my way back to the office, I saw an adorable French bulldog puppy. I wanted to snatch him. But I didn’t. Someday I’ll have my own pup. Until then, a girl can dream…
- We got the photos back from the shoot in Utah and I am so happy with them. So far they all look amazing and I’m so proud that I survived—and kind of rocked—my first solo photo shoot. Pat on my own back, if I may.
- While we’re on the subject of post-Utah things, I buckled down at work and wrote a big feature story this afternoon. I would have loved to procrastinate that for as long as possible, but I actually turned it on right on deadline. That’s not necessarily my strong suit. I usually like to feel the pressure for a while. It feels great to check things off the old to-do list.
- I completed my 50 gym visits! Per my health insurance policy, if I go to the gym 50 times in six months, I get a bit of money back. It’s great motivation to get there as often as possible, and I actually completed my 50 visits in just three and a half months! Check, please!
- I took my favorite class at the gym: BodyArt. It’s so challenging, but also so soothing and rewarding. I love all of the slow, drawn-out movements and poses mixed in with the free-flowing dance moves. I sweat so much in that class, and I walk out of the room feeling revived. Check out the New York Times article on the class!
- “Glee” was new tonight! I confess, I’ve never seen “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” so most of the episode was over my head, but I still enjoyed sitting on the couch with a giant bowl of pasta and rocking out to the “Time Warp.”
That’s all, folks! Sweet dreams!
TELL ME: What made your day great?
Posted in Food, Glee!, Gym Classes, Happy Things, Moving, Puppies!, Running, Work, Workouts and tagged Bethany Lyons, BodyArt, Chipotle, Deadlines, French Bulldog, Glee, Gym Reimbursement, Health Insurance, Moving, New York Times, Packing, Photo Shoot, Puppies, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Running, Time Warp, Utah, Weight Loss-