Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
- June 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 253: On the Job with Steph Blozy, Owner of Fleet Feet Sports West Hartford
10 Reasons Today Was A Great Day
For some reason, at just 9:30 pm, I find myself completely exhausted. In honor of my sleepiness, a short (but sweet) list post! And now…
10 Reasons Today Was A Great Day:
- I had a good run. My alarm went off at 6 am, as usual, and my first thought was, “Wow, I have no idea what day it is.” My second thought: “Time to run!” I got up and had a great run. Legs felt loose, I felt pretty fast and it was, as usual, the right way to start my day. (It’s Tuesday, by the way.)
- I decided to wear my favorite dress—and it’s too big. I’m not trying to lose weight, I’m just trying to maintain where I am now. But I can’t complain that the dress I wear all the time is suddenly baggy. And a coworker even noticed!
- Before I even left for work, I packed an entire bag (er, hamper) full of clothes. In preparation for tomorrow night’s mini-move, I’m trying to use all my time to get as much done as possible. Dresser emptied before 8 am = success!
- I got Chipotle for lunch. Need I say more? I get a bowl with rice, chicken, tomatoes and corn. Pretty simple, but oh-so-fulfilling.
- On my way back to the office, I saw an adorable French bulldog puppy. I wanted to snatch him. But I didn’t. Someday I’ll have my own pup. Until then, a girl can dream…
- We got the photos back from the shoot in Utah and I am so happy with them. So far they all look amazing and I’m so proud that I survived—and kind of rocked—my first solo photo shoot. Pat on my own back, if I may.
- While we’re on the subject of post-Utah things, I buckled down at work and wrote a big feature story this afternoon. I would have loved to procrastinate that for as long as possible, but I actually turned it on right on deadline. That’s not necessarily my strong suit. I usually like to feel the pressure for a while. It feels great to check things off the old to-do list.
- I completed my 50 gym visits! Per my health insurance policy, if I go to the gym 50 times in six months, I get a bit of money back. It’s great motivation to get there as often as possible, and I actually completed my 50 visits in just three and a half months! Check, please!
- I took my favorite class at the gym: BodyArt. It’s so challenging, but also so soothing and rewarding. I love all of the slow, drawn-out movements and poses mixed in with the free-flowing dance moves. I sweat so much in that class, and I walk out of the room feeling revived. Check out the New York Times article on the class!
- “Glee” was new tonight! I confess, I’ve never seen “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” so most of the episode was over my head, but I still enjoyed sitting on the couch with a giant bowl of pasta and rocking out to the “Time Warp.”
That’s all, folks! Sweet dreams!
TELL ME: What made your day great?
Posted in Food, Glee!, Gym Classes, Happy Things, Moving, Puppies!, Running, Work, Workouts and tagged Bethany Lyons, BodyArt, Chipotle, Deadlines, French Bulldog, Glee, Gym Reimbursement, Health Insurance, Moving, New York Times, Packing, Photo Shoot, Puppies, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Running, Time Warp, Utah, Weight Loss-