Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- Orangetheory-loving friends, where are you?! I want to talk to you! Hit me up. Let's talk. about 13 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/hXYRFmMeWn about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Such a great read by @erinstrout! Love everything about @ShalaneFlanagan. https://t.co/1mff4dY3ky about 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 16, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 46: Allie Kieffer
- November 9, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 45: Andrea Barber AKA Full House's Kimmy Gibbler
- November 6, 2017 by AliAbbott Dash to the Finish Line 5K Recap
- November 4, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 44: Chris Heuisler's Most Embarrassing Running Moment!
- October 25, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 43: Kara Goucher
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Utah is Bliss
I’m totally exhausted after what seems like a whirlwind journey to get to Utah. But I am completely in awe of this gorgeous state. To recap…
My journey began yesterday and was actually pretty uneventful. Because I’m traveling for work, I could have taken a car or cab to the airport, but I opted for the Long Island Railroad/AirTrain instead. I like it! And it’s so cheap. So I saved the company some money, and I’ll probably make up for it with a nice dinner before I leave tomorrow!
I got to the airport with plenty of time to stock up on magazines and buy an apple and a water.
There were SO many babies on our flight! I swear that when they said “People with young children may board now,” the entire plane filled up. I was happy to be seated in 2F. A window seat at the front with extra legroom. It was glorious.
The flight itself was looooong. And those aforementioned babies screamed the entire time. I’m not kidding or exaggerating, sadly. They were noisy babies. But I stayed entertained by watching “Ellen,” “How I Met Your Mother” and, thanks to VH1, the episode of “Saturday Night Live” hosted by Britney Spears. I was in Heaven.
I munched on my trail mix, some animal crackers, a Larabar and my apple. I think I was eating out of boredom more than anything else.
Once we started flying over Utah, I got a little camera happy. See:
I loved flying over Provo, where Brigham Young University is located. It’s stunning, and it’s so cool to see all of the huge Mormon temples from above. They’re massive!
After I landed, I got my rental car (I’m not sure what it is—but it looks like a PT Cruiser. I asked the rental guy for something “cuter” and he laughed at me. He did not realize that I was serious.) and met up with a coworker’s mom, who lives out here.
Everyone here is so nice and hospitable. I got dinner with my coworker’s mom and sister, then visited The Dance Club, a super-successful studio that I’ve been dying to visit. I was treated like a total celebrity!
I didn’t get to my hotel until about 10 pm (midnight, according to my body) and set my alarm with hopes of a really early morning run in the mountains.
That didn’t happen. Instead I did some exercises in the hotel room (situps, pushups, etc.) and now I’m getting ready for a loooong day at the photo shoot. Hopefully I can go running tonight if I’m not too tired.
Hope everyone is having a great week. If I never see you again it’s because I decided to stay in Utah!