Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- 1:52:44?! That was SO MUCH FUN! (Well, maybe minus the Manhattan Bridge climb, which absolutely destroyed me. The d… https://t.co/0JlgNSuxvp 10:54:35 AM March 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- When I put Annie to bed tonight, I shed an actual tear realizing she’ll wake up tomorrow morning and I won’t be her… https://t.co/ePcsySQFiD 07:31:52 PM March 16, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Every time I do a live show, I worry no one will show up. Every single time. It’s never happened. Not only that, bu… https://t.co/PqUGrFkudQ 04:26:31 PM March 16, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
- March 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 125: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Logan Levkoff, Sex & Relationships Educator
- March 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 124: Ali & the Experts Week with Brynn Fessette O'Neill, Physical Therapist
Utah is Bliss
I’m totally exhausted after what seems like a whirlwind journey to get to Utah. But I am completely in awe of this gorgeous state. To recap…
My journey began yesterday and was actually pretty uneventful. Because I’m traveling for work, I could have taken a car or cab to the airport, but I opted for the Long Island Railroad/AirTrain instead. I like it! And it’s so cheap. So I saved the company some money, and I’ll probably make up for it with a nice dinner before I leave tomorrow!
I got to the airport with plenty of time to stock up on magazines and buy an apple and a water.
There were SO many babies on our flight! I swear that when they said “People with young children may board now,” the entire plane filled up. I was happy to be seated in 2F. A window seat at the front with extra legroom. It was glorious.
The flight itself was looooong. And those aforementioned babies screamed the entire time. I’m not kidding or exaggerating, sadly. They were noisy babies. But I stayed entertained by watching “Ellen,” “How I Met Your Mother” and, thanks to VH1, the episode of “Saturday Night Live” hosted by Britney Spears. I was in Heaven.
I munched on my trail mix, some animal crackers, a Larabar and my apple. I think I was eating out of boredom more than anything else.
Once we started flying over Utah, I got a little camera happy. See:
I loved flying over Provo, where Brigham Young University is located. It’s stunning, and it’s so cool to see all of the huge Mormon temples from above. They’re massive!
After I landed, I got my rental car (I’m not sure what it is—but it looks like a PT Cruiser. I asked the rental guy for something “cuter” and he laughed at me. He did not realize that I was serious.) and met up with a coworker’s mom, who lives out here.
Everyone here is so nice and hospitable. I got dinner with my coworker’s mom and sister, then visited The Dance Club, a super-successful studio that I’ve been dying to visit. I was treated like a total celebrity!
I didn’t get to my hotel until about 10 pm (midnight, according to my body) and set my alarm with hopes of a really early morning run in the mountains.
That didn’t happen. Instead I did some exercises in the hotel room (situps, pushups, etc.) and now I’m getting ready for a loooong day at the photo shoot. Hopefully I can go running tonight if I’m not too tired.
Hope everyone is having a great week. If I never see you again it’s because I decided to stay in Utah!