Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- With the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials just 11 days away (!!!), here are some of my favorite people to follow for gr… https://t.co/iJmsBCGB1D 08:26:37 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 01:37:33 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: Olympic Trials live show information + all the past Ali on the Run Show guests who will be running! https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 09:46:54 AM February 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Valentine's Day! Love, the Ali on the Run Show — and @karagoucher & @Adam_Goucher! It's the fifth and final e… https://t.co/zSYFru5ccV 08:19:43 AM February 14, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 209: Catching Up with Andrea Barber
- February 17, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Live in Atlanta + Runners to Watch at the Olympic Marathon Trials
- February 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 208: Love on the Run Week with Kara & Adam Goucher
- February 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
- February 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 206: Love on the Run Week with Steph & Ben Bruce
Er, take off! All my bags are packed and I’m ready to go to Utah! I’m headed there for a few days for a photo shoot for work. I’m a little nervous since this is the first time I’m running an entire shoot by myself. My flight leaves NYC today around 2 and I get into Utah at 6 pm.
As I’ve mentioned before, I love lists and I love my OCD-like organization. So naturally I type up individual packing lists for every trip I take. Then I check things off as I put them in a pile on my bed, like so:
Then the piles make their way into the suitcase, like so:
Of course, before the final zip-up, I almost always throw in 5–6 additional items that I most definitely do not need. But that’s just me.
I’ve got some time before I have to head to the airport, so I’m staying extra hydrated and trying to stretch a bit. I went to BodyArt last night, which was wonderful—it felt great to loosen up my body. Then this morning I did a 5-mile run including stops every now and then to do 100 dips on the park benches. It was a beautiful morning:
I think the thing I’ll miss most when I move at the end of the month is the perfect Hudson River Parkway running path. I know all the mile markers by heart now and there are so many familiar faces I see every morning. Sigh.
OK, time to watch some SoapNet (“Beverly Hills 90210” is on—I miss out on so much great daytime TV when I’m at the office all day!), make snacks for the trip (trial mix, of course) then head to JFK. I splurged on the extra legroom seats since it’s a long flight. I’m tempted to bring a blanket, too, for maximum comfort!
Salt Lake City, here I come!