Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s my first time being away from Annie, and I’m totally fine! No, really. I am actually totally fine! I miss her… https://t.co/M7OAKfdEUk 07:33:16 PM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is exactly what I needed to watch this morning. (And every morning.) @BillyYang https://t.co/UOUYs5AV1w 09:13:16 AM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 06:16:58 PM January 23, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
Every Day Is A Good Day
I don’t have a whole lot to say tonight (for once!) so I’ll keep this short and simple: With the exception of two zits that seem to be taking over my entire face (No, I will not post photos of that, ew), life is pretty darn good these days.
It’s so amazing to be able to say that I can’t remember the last time I had a bad day! I’m thrilled that I’ve been maintaining a regular running schedule in addition to a solid gym-going routine. But I’m also happy that I know I’m in control of listening to my body (though that’s something I’m always working on being better at).
Take this morning, for example. My alarm went off at 6 am as usual, and I checked the weather on my phone (No TV = no visual from-my-bed morning weather report) only to see that it was raining. Blech. So I reset my alarm for 6:30. When that went off, I reset it again for 6:45. Finally, at 7:00, I got up, crushed that I had missed out on my morning run. It’s how I like to start my day.
So, 7 am, I brush my teeth, wash my face. And I’ll admit it, I’m kind of cranky. I like running! So I put on my running clothes and dashed out for a fast 3-miler. Got my sweat on, had some alone time and still got to work on time—early, in fact. High 5!
Then tonight I got my zen on in BodyArt. The regular teacher was finally back and her class is unbeatable. So relaxing but also so, so hard.
Back to my original point. Life is good. Work is good (so productive lately, and I’m loving the girls I get to work with), I’m moving in with ABS at the end of the month (amazing!) and tomorrow I’m off to Utah for a work trip.
The one thing I do need to work on is developing better eating habits. I’m not a dieter, never will be, and I’m pretty good overall, but lately I’ve been ravenous! I need to watch my portion control and try to eat out less. Pad thai, Starburst (Did you know they make a pack of all red flavors now?! Brilliant.), Dove dark chocolate, giant portions of trail mix… And that was just today!
PRE-PACKING CONVERSATION: What are your travel must-haves? I’ve got a touch of OCD so I’ve got a pretty legitimate packing list, but I’m open to suggestions of what else I need.