Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
So far this has been one of those perfect fall weekends (well, minus the fact that I had to work for a few hours yesterday). The weather is perfect for running, walking around and just being out and about. It’s also perfect for sleeping. I no longer need to use my air conditioner, and it’s just cool enough to need an extra blanket on my bed.
Yesterday ended up being a great day. I was pretty beat after my 11-miler, so I was able to rest for a little while before I went to New Jersey. Although I’ve been whiny about weekend working, it wasn’t so bad. I spent a few hours at my company’s booth in a big exhibit hall and talked with lots of people. I also got to spend some time with coworkers I don’t normally interact with much, so that was nice.
After the conference, I hopped on the NJ Transit bus back to the city, got dolled up (well, somewhat—a skirt and a tank top is as fancy as I could get after a long day) then met ABS and his friend downtown. We went to a fundraiser event that was raising money for a school on the Lower East Side. (I think? I’ll be honest, I got there late and I wasn’t totally sure what I was supporting. But ABS had a few friends on the host committee, so I trust that it was a good cause.)
Adrian Grenier (from Entourage) was there! The ladies were going a bit nuts over him. And with good reason—he’s one good looking man. The party was a blast and it was a really cool set up. They converted the playground to one big dance floor. I loved it.
After that we headed to Galway Hooker Downtown, at which point I was ready for bed. We stayed for a bit, then decided to call it a night around 1:30 am. Way past my bedtime!
It was so nice not to set an alarm to wake up today. I didn’t get out of bed until after 9! That’s pretty much unheard of for me. I had a granola bar then headed out for a 5-mile run. My legs were really tired from yesterday, so I stopped halfway into the run to do some dips on a park bench. My triceps were burning. I love that feeling.
Now I’ve got two loads of laundry going and I’m doing some more packing around the apartment. I can’t believe I’m moving in three weeks! So exciting. Once the laundry is done I’m going to bring a load of stuff up to ABS’s apartment (my future apartment!) then go watch his soccer game.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Can’t wait to read everyone’s recaps of the Chicago Marathon!