Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- A beautiful piece about @ShalaneFlanagan's retirement, by @erinstrout for @WomensRunning! https://t.co/MroKJYnzsf 09:48:56 AM October 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s hard not to play the comparison game sometimes when it comes to running and social media. Every weekend morni… https://t.co/aM5H9M1OmL 07:34:45 PM October 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 02:45:55 PM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC 07:34:49 AM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
The Social Network
I finally saw it! ABS and I just returned from seeing The Social Network. I loved it. The film was so seductive, so conniving. So the movie (as I’m sure you all know by now) tells the “story”—though I’m sure the facts are skewed and exaggerated, as this is Hollywood—of the creation of Facebook. Jesse Eisenberg plays the role of Mark Zuckerberg brilliantly. He’s so droll and deeply arrogant. But somehow, at times you feel badly for him.
I could go on and on, but I’m not a movie reviewer by any means. I’d mostly just keep saying “I loved it!” So I’ll spare those details and leave you with this final thought on the film: Go see it if you haven’t already. I laughed (my favorite line came from one of the Ken-doll-esque twin brothers), I winced (Justin Timberlake’s Napster-creator character, yikes) and I left the theater wanting to enhance my HTML skills (meh, kind of).
In other news, the moving process continues: Today I sold my TV! Now when I say TV I don’t mean “awesome flat screen.” I mean giant box tube TV that I’m shocked someone actually paid money ($50!) for. Witness:
Moving day is only three weeks away and the items in my bedroom are dwindling. Hopefully I’ll get some more stuff moved out this weekend so that my clothes and “big stuff” (bed, desk, dresser, TV stand) are the last things to go.
Now it’s off to get some much needed rest. On tap for tomorrow: a morning run, some errands, a trip across the river to New Jersey for a work event then out tomorrow night for ABS’s sister’s birthday fiesta. Should be a good one.
Happy (Long) Weekend!