Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- May 27, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 242: Shalane Flanagan
- May 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 241: On the Job with JoMarie Flores, Funeral Director
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
The Social Network
I finally saw it! ABS and I just returned from seeing The Social Network. I loved it. The film was so seductive, so conniving. So the movie (as I’m sure you all know by now) tells the “story”—though I’m sure the facts are skewed and exaggerated, as this is Hollywood—of the creation of Facebook. Jesse Eisenberg plays the role of Mark Zuckerberg brilliantly. He’s so droll and deeply arrogant. But somehow, at times you feel badly for him.
I could go on and on, but I’m not a movie reviewer by any means. I’d mostly just keep saying “I loved it!” So I’ll spare those details and leave you with this final thought on the film: Go see it if you haven’t already. I laughed (my favorite line came from one of the Ken-doll-esque twin brothers), I winced (Justin Timberlake’s Napster-creator character, yikes) and I left the theater wanting to enhance my HTML skills (meh, kind of).
In other news, the moving process continues: Today I sold my TV! Now when I say TV I don’t mean “awesome flat screen.” I mean giant box tube TV that I’m shocked someone actually paid money ($50!) for. Witness:
Moving day is only three weeks away and the items in my bedroom are dwindling. Hopefully I’ll get some more stuff moved out this weekend so that my clothes and “big stuff” (bed, desk, dresser, TV stand) are the last things to go.
Now it’s off to get some much needed rest. On tap for tomorrow: a morning run, some errands, a trip across the river to New Jersey for a work event then out tomorrow night for ABS’s sister’s birthday fiesta. Should be a good one.
Happy (Long) Weekend!