Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
Weird Things Make Me Happy
I love seeing cruise ships in the morning. It’s a weird thing of mine, I guess. But I run along the Hudson River, just south of where cruise ships arriving and departing from NYC dock. So when I go for my morning run, I often see these massive ships arriving. And I love it.
There’s something so huge and majestic about seeing these big boats. I’ve been on plenty of cruises, so it’s not like I have some grand fantasy about setting foot on the ship. They just seem so peaceful, floating really slowly up to the harbor. I especially love seeing the few people who get up early enough on the boat to stand on the deck and see the NYC skyline.
Anyway, in the summer I would see cruise ships at least twice a week. They’ve since dwindled, but this morning I saw one and got way too excited. It was especially impressive looking since it was still dark out and the boat was all lit up. Stunning!
Now that my day has started off with a run and a smile, I’m a happy girl. It’s off to work, followed by Angel’s Tesuto class at the gym, some errands then hopefully lots of giggling in front of “30 Rock” and “The Office.”
Have a great day!
TELL ME: What simple little things make you happy?