Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I’m at a loss for words because I’ve had like six glasses of champagne, but mostly, today is the best. This week ha… https://t.co/dh5NdfccI6 about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: The best parts of my week. There were so many! https://t.co/J72EjfuQDn 11:41:22 AM January 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
- January 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
Weird Things Make Me Happy
I love seeing cruise ships in the morning. It’s a weird thing of mine, I guess. But I run along the Hudson River, just south of where cruise ships arriving and departing from NYC dock. So when I go for my morning run, I often see these massive ships arriving. And I love it.
There’s something so huge and majestic about seeing these big boats. I’ve been on plenty of cruises, so it’s not like I have some grand fantasy about setting foot on the ship. They just seem so peaceful, floating really slowly up to the harbor. I especially love seeing the few people who get up early enough on the boat to stand on the deck and see the NYC skyline.
Anyway, in the summer I would see cruise ships at least twice a week. They’ve since dwindled, but this morning I saw one and got way too excited. It was especially impressive looking since it was still dark out and the boat was all lit up. Stunning!
Now that my day has started off with a run and a smile, I’m a happy girl. It’s off to work, followed by Angel’s Tesuto class at the gym, some errands then hopefully lots of giggling in front of “30 Rock” and “The Office.”
Have a great day!
TELL ME: What simple little things make you happy?