Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Weird Things Make Me Happy
I love seeing cruise ships in the morning. It’s a weird thing of mine, I guess. But I run along the Hudson River, just south of where cruise ships arriving and departing from NYC dock. So when I go for my morning run, I often see these massive ships arriving. And I love it.
There’s something so huge and majestic about seeing these big boats. I’ve been on plenty of cruises, so it’s not like I have some grand fantasy about setting foot on the ship. They just seem so peaceful, floating really slowly up to the harbor. I especially love seeing the few people who get up early enough on the boat to stand on the deck and see the NYC skyline.
Anyway, in the summer I would see cruise ships at least twice a week. They’ve since dwindled, but this morning I saw one and got way too excited. It was especially impressive looking since it was still dark out and the boat was all lit up. Stunning!
Now that my day has started off with a run and a smile, I’m a happy girl. It’s off to work, followed by Angel’s Tesuto class at the gym, some errands then hopefully lots of giggling in front of “30 Rock” and “The Office.”
Have a great day!
TELL ME: What simple little things make you happy?