Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It has recently been brought to my attention that people think the phrase is "mine as well." Like, "I had a peanut… https://t.co/5c0gbgN5YO about 7 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- OMG Ellie's @BBCWorld debut! (Not a documentary ABOUT Ellie. But her favorite teacher is in it & they followed him… https://t.co/Z1G3iewrZi about 7 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Same! https://t.co/kOCdSMo0FU about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I’m wearing these massive pads that are like six inches deep and waddling around the house. I think I thought the… https://t.co/sdM0X7AMqj about 13 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
- July 2, 2019 by AliLife Lately
- June 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 154: Motherhood Mondays with Hitha Palepu, on Postpartum Depression, Breaking Points, & Parenting Unapologetically
Tonight I Fell for Dance—Again
I see a lot of dance performances. It’s kind of my job. Awesome as that is, sometimes it can start to wear me down. So for the past few months, I took a bit of a hiatus and wasn’t attending a ton of events after hours. Spending all day at a desk then all night in an auditorium is exhausting.
Tonight, however, I got back in the game, and it felt so good. I went to the Fall for Dance Festival at New York City Center. It was an extra special event because two of my dear friends work for the festival. It’s where they met. Now they’re engaged. Precious, I know (and there’s no sarcasm there; they literally are the cutest couple I’ve ever known).
As soon as I settled into my seat and the music for the first piece began, it was like something came over me. I felt so calm and so happy in a way I haven’t felt in a while. Running makes me happy. Work (usually) makes me happy. ABS makes me happy. Trail mix definitely makes me happy. But tonight I remembered why I love dance so much. I was surrounded by so much creativity and appreciation for the arts. The four pieces I saw tonight were exceptional. I especially loved Larry Keigwin’s piece that he set on a super-talented group of Juilliard students (one of whom I know through work—fun!). It was a gorgeous night to be out and about appreciating NYC.
And I managed to squeeze in a quick gym trip between work and the show. Now I’m in my PJs and the weather is perfect for sleeping. Those things make me happy too.