Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
My Blogging Addiction
It’s true: I’m an addict. Even before I started my own blog (welcome!), I was spending a lot of time reading other healthy living blogs. Now that I’ve set up shop in my own little corner of the Internet (Ali on the Run!), I’m even more into it. I’m loving sharing, commenting and learning all about this fun world.
That being said, I’m not going to comment too much on the whole Marie Claire debacle that’s going on right now. I loved reading Meghann’s response on her blog, as she’s one of my favorites to follow. My overall thought about this whole situation is that sure, the MC writer raised some good points, but they weren’t justifiably supported.
Yes, the healthy living blogging community is sort of like “the blind leading the blind.” But that’s also the beauty of it. We bounce ideas off each other and teach each other new things. It’s all a trial and error process. And that’s what makes it fun! So blind, keep leading! Heck, I’ll keep following. And to Katie Drummond: Don’t act unethically. You give all of us journalists a bad name. Not cool. Tell your sources what you’re going to write about. Be honest. Don’t go into your interviews with your story already written and your notions preconceived.
So in between blog reading and following the MC stuff today, I was quite productive! Work continues to be busy and I enjoyed my new favorite treat as a mid-afternoon snack: A chocolate coconut Larabar, microwaved for 30 seconds and eaten with a spoon. I swear, it tastes like a brownie. Maybe even better. I was oh so satisfied.
After work it was off to the gym for two classes: Body Art and Glee Club. Both were taught by substitute teachers. Both were blah. Then some homemade pizza for dinner (a whole wheat flatbread topped with marinara sauce, some shredded mozzarella cheese and basil) and “Glee!” Tearjerker tonight, but I won’t spoil anything for those who haven’t watched. I love that this show pushes the boundaries. An episode about religion and God? Tastefully done and effective. Also, Sue Sylvester’s lines were some of her best yet.
Now it’s time for a long, hot shower, some cleaning and some packing. I can’t believe it’s only Tuesday! Here’s hoping we see some sun tomorrow!