Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- September 19, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 98: Mary Wittenberg, Former CEO of New York Road Runners & Virgin Sport
- September 17, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 34
- September 12, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 97: Amy Cragg
- September 12, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 33
- September 10, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 96: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Jenny Simpson, Emma Coburn, & Peter Ciaccia
My First Post!
It’s officially fall! It’s my favorite season and, in my opinion, it’s the best time to be in NYC. The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and everyone seems to be in a general good mood. So now seems like the perfect time for me to finally start a blog! Welcome to Ali on the Run.
I’ve been obsessed with reading healthy living blogs lately and had been mulling over the idea of starting my own for a while. I’ll be blogging about all the running I’ve been doing and my up-in-the-air decision (still pondering) to train for a full marathon. Today, for instance, I did my longest run EVER! And it was unintentional. I ran 13.3 miles, from the Upper East Side down FDR Drive, around the southern tip of Manhattan then back up the West Side. I was psyched to map the run (I use Map My Run) when I got home and see that I covered so much distance! Anyway, I’ve done three half-marathons so far and am starting to think I could actually be capable of completing 26.2 miles. My boyfriend (we’ll call him ABS on here, his initials) thinks I should do it. My mom thinks I’m crazy. Who to believe…?
I’ve also got a few big changes coming up in my life, including a move in with ABS at the end of this month. Cohabitation! We’ve been dating for about a year and a half now, so we’ve decided to shack up.
So that’s me. I hope you’ll keep checking back in and following Ali on the Run. I’m so excited to join the blogosphere (Am I lame for calling it that? Or accurate?) and am definitely open to lots of feedback on the blog! I’ll be adding photos and tabs and all that stuff soon, promise.