Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 21, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 164: Carrie Kreiswirth, Breast Cancer Survivor & Marathoner
- August 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 163: You Can Run a Marathon with Alexi Pappas
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
My First Post!
It’s officially fall! It’s my favorite season and, in my opinion, it’s the best time to be in NYC. The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and everyone seems to be in a general good mood. So now seems like the perfect time for me to finally start a blog! Welcome to Ali on the Run.
I’ve been obsessed with reading healthy living blogs lately and had been mulling over the idea of starting my own for a while. I’ll be blogging about all the running I’ve been doing and my up-in-the-air decision (still pondering) to train for a full marathon. Today, for instance, I did my longest run EVER! And it was unintentional. I ran 13.3 miles, from the Upper East Side down FDR Drive, around the southern tip of Manhattan then back up the West Side. I was psyched to map the run (I use Map My Run) when I got home and see that I covered so much distance! Anyway, I’ve done three half-marathons so far and am starting to think I could actually be capable of completing 26.2 miles. My boyfriend (we’ll call him ABS on here, his initials) thinks I should do it. My mom thinks I’m crazy. Who to believe…?
I’ve also got a few big changes coming up in my life, including a move in with ABS at the end of this month. Cohabitation! We’ve been dating for about a year and a half now, so we’ve decided to shack up.
So that’s me. I hope you’ll keep checking back in and following Ali on the Run. I’m so excited to join the blogosphere (Am I lame for calling it that? Or accurate?) and am definitely open to lots of feedback on the blog! I’ll be adding photos and tabs and all that stuff soon, promise.