Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- SIX DAYS! So excited to go LIVE with @runmeb, @andreabarber, and @RunWestin in San Diego next Saturday. And we have… https://t.co/uCqJYd2FmC about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to this week's sponsor of the Ali on the Run Show: @AfterShokz! Use code ONTHERUN for $30 off your purcha… https://t.co/NGWzyu4kNq 07:05:37 AM May 25, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Things happen. I make mistakes. And now I have perspective on it.” @shopSMDS https://t.co/69VqYujznY 07:04:53 AM May 25, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 23, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 74: Sarah Clancy, Founder of Sarah Marie Design Studio
- May 22, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 17
- May 21, 2018 by AliSuperhero Half Marathon 2018 Recap
- May 16, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 73: Erin Strout, Runner's World Contributing Editor
- May 14, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Weeks 15 & 16
“Yeah, there are times that I have no idea what I’m doing. But that’s part of the fun of it.” —Sarah Fitzpatrick Clancy
Sarah Clancy is the founder and creator of Sarah Marie Design Studio. The runner-specific apparel and accessories company was born two years ago, and almost instantly gained a devoted following including the likes of Kara Goucher, Molly Huddle, and Andrea Barber. Sarah is a work-from-home mom of two and full-time business owner, and on this episode, she shares her successes, failures, struggles, and victories. As for whether entrepreneurship was always the plan? Sarah says she always knew she’d be a business owner, but wasn’t sure what that would look like. It wasn’t until she honed in on her true passions — running the show and running — that she found her niche. Here’s how she made it happen.
Love Sarah’s stuff? Go shopping, and use code ONTHERUN at checkout for 15% off your purchase!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $30 off your wireless headphone purchase!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Was becoming an entrepreneur and business owner young Sarah’s plan? (3:00)
- When, how, and why Sarah launched Sarah Marie Design Studio (6:30)
- The biggest challenges and learned curves Sarah faced when she launched her business (12:15)
- How Sarah manages being a work-from-home mom of two and business owner (14:45)
- The benefits and challenges of being married to a fellow business owner (16:55)
- How Sarah Marie Design Studio grew and gained fans like Kara Goucher and Molly Huddle (21:20)
- Exactly how much Sarah does (25:45)
- Sarah’s career a-ha moment (28:55)
- Where Sarah gets her inspiration (34:10)
- Sarah’s hopes, dreams, and plans for the future of SMDS (36:40)
- Sarah shares her definition of what it means to “work hard,” and admits to the less-sunshine-y aspects of her day-to-day business life (38:00)
- Sarah’s advice for work-from-home moms (41:50)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
I felt like I was 17 weeks pregnant forever. For the most part, time is cruising by. But this week felt long, and I feel like I’ve been telling people I’m 17 weeks for a month now. BABY IS THE […]
I ran the Superhero Half Marathon on Sunday! I was talking to my friend Sarah on Friday, and she said she was running a half on Sunday. I asked which one, and where, and she told me it was in […]
“If you want to give yourself a fair shot, you have to be willing to take a leap and take a risk.” —Erin Strout Erin Strout was at the Boston Marathon finish line when Meb Keflezighi won the race in […]
It’s crazy to think that in just a few weeks, I will have reached the halfway point of this pregnancy! (Halfway, of course, is a relative term. If this baby takes after me, it will arrive 20 minutes early on […]
“This notion of balance is this unrealistic thing we’re all striving toward. If you allow yourself to know that and believe that, it takes some of the pressure off.” —Liz Plosser When you picture an editor in chief of a […]
When I launched the Ali on the Run Show in February 2017, I knew the show would eventually be bigger than just weekly episodes to listen to on the run. I wanted to grow this community in real life. I […]
I turn 33 on Sunday! Brian asked what I wanted to do for my birthday this year, and I said “not make any decisions all day.” (That’s honestly my dream in life, too.) So I don’t know what we’ll be […]
Lots of people say I’m just like my mom. Others swear I’m a clone of my dad. On this episode, you’ll get to decide! I am thrilled to welcome Lori and David Feller — my parents! — to the Ali […]
Week 14 was exciting! (For me. I realize none of this is probably very exciting for anyone else. Maybe a little for Brian. And my mom. Hi, Mom!) Highlights from Week 14 included another visit with our midwife (and seeing […]