Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I had the best time chatting with the @BibRave crew — and I was definitely wearing my sassy pants that day! Go list… https://t.co/YGmYpXmAN4 about 26 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "I didn’t notice it was pouring rain, that it was cold, that the wind was there. It was just like…This is really ha… https://t.co/pfW21lcSzn about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 18, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 83: Ryan Linden
- July 17, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 25
- July 16, 2018 by AliQ&A
- July 11, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 82: Tim & Jessica Murphy, Co-Founders of BibRave
- July 10, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 24
“I had no idea there was a camera on me. But yes, I have seen all the memes.” — Ryan Linden
If Ryan Linden’s last name sounds familiar, that’s because yes, he is married to 2018 Boston Marathon champion Desiree Linden. Ryan was the undeniably proud face the cameras kept cutting to as Des neared the historic Boston finish line, and on this episode, he breaks down every detail from that life-changing Marathon Monday — from his perspective! He also shares what Des is really like on race morning, how they met and got engaged, and how they balance their intense work and training schedules. In addition to being a super husband and stellar spectator, Ryan is also a tremendous athlete himself: He’s a 2:26 marathoner turned Ironman, and is hoping to return to Kona to compete this year. He’s also a new business owner and entrepreneur: Ryan, along with Des and fellow runner-husband-and-wife team Ben and Sarah True, founded Linden & True Coffee earlier this year to much fanfare.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Ryan explains what he does for a living, where his Ironman pursuits fit into that lifestyle, and how he became a competitive athlete (4:05)
- What motivates Ryan, and what the “Linden on the run” partnership is like (9:15)
- What a day in the life of Ryan is like, and whether he still dreams of a 2:22 marathon and Olympic Trials qualifier (12:30)
- How Ryan and Des met, started dating, and got engaged — plus what went down at the 2010 Chicago Marathon (17:00)
- What Ryan and Desiree’s relationship dynamic is like, and whether they ever get competitive with each other (23:20)
- Ryan shares what Des is like on race morning, then breaks down the 2018 Boston Marathon from his perspective (30:30)
- What it was like seeing Des make that final turn about to win the Boston Marathon (41:45)
- What post-Boston life has been like for the Lindens, including walking the red carpet at the Billboard Music Awards, and what Ryan wants to see Des do next (44:00)
- How and why Des, Ryan, and Ben and Sarah True decided to start Linden & True Coffee, and what that process has been like (46:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
Week 25 was amazing for two big reasons: the giraffe and the movement. First, the giraffe. The long story is here. And when that little rocking giraffe arrived at our apartment in Brian’s arms, I thought I was going to […]
Remember five days ago when Instagram decided to enable the “Questions” feature on Instagram Stories? That was fun! At least for a few minutes, right? I got so many good questions, but fun fact about me (and, I imagine, many […]
“You have to be OK with hearing no, but also not letting that be the last thing that you hear.’” — Tim Murphy Tim and Jessica Murphy are the husband-and-wife team behind BibRave — the Yelp for running races. They’re […]
The first trimester of pregnancy flew by. And after that, the late-teen weeks also seemed to go by at rapid speeds. But now I feel like I’ve been in the early twenties of this pregnancy for 19 months. Everything is […]
“I said, ‘No way am I running Western States! That’s 100 miles!’” — Rob Krar, Western States Endurance Run winner 2014 Rob Krar is one of the kings of ultra running. He was a middle-distance runner through college, but then […]
During the past 23 weeks of this pregnancy, I have been very chill. Like surprisingly chill. I’ve felt laid-back and relaxed, I haven’t been stressing about little things like making sure the bed is made “perfectly,” and I have generally […]
“I was so petrified of failure for so long that I never ventured outside of things I knew I was good at.” —Amelia Boone Amelia Boone is a badass. By day, she’s a lawyer at Apple, and by very early […]
There was a lot of baby action this past week! I had my first-ever chiropractor appointment, I spent one night doubled over in pain for mysterious reasons, we had another appointment with the midwife and got to see baby dance […]
“I’ve been doing this for three years now and I’m still not used to it. I still get nervous. I worry, am I saying the right thing? Do they like me? Am I funny enough?” —Kayla Itsines With nearly 10 […]