Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- June 13, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 78: Wesley Little, Couples Therapist
- June 12, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Weeks 19 & 20
- June 10, 2018 by AliNYRR New York Mini 10K 2018 Recap
- June 6, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 77: The Live Show!
- June 5, 2018 by AliWe Went LIVE
“You can make a career shift at any time. Because why not pursue something that you think would make you happy?” —Wesley Little
Wesley Little is a licensed professional counselor specializing in couples therapy, and she’s here to answer all of my — and your — burning questions. On this episode, Wesley talks about her indirect route to becoming a therapist (including a detour through law school), and the schooling and education required to pursue a similar career. She debunks common misconceptions about therapy, explains why most couples seek therapy together, and shares what she thinks holds most people back from seeing a therapist. Now more than ever, this conversation is so important, and I hope you enjoy it. (Plus, Wesley and her husband are both two-time marathoners. As for whether they have a “perfect marriage” and never fight? I asked. And she answered.)
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $30 off your wireless headphone purchase!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Wesley decided to become a therapist, and what her journey to her dream career entailed (3:10)
- The kind of therapy Wesley practices, and why she decided she wanted to work with couples (9:45)
- Wesley debunks some common misconceptions about couples therapy (13:40)
- Wesley’s advice for finding a therapist, and what she says holds most people back from going to therapy (15:10)
- Wesley breaks down the most common reasons couples seek therapy (20:20)
- When is the right time to start seeing a therapist? And how do you get your partner to agree if he or she is hesitant? (29:25)
- Wesley opens up about her own relationship, and how running plays a role in it (38:00)
- Wesley shares whether or not she thinks you should go to bed angry (43:00)
- Wesley answers listener questions! (45:15)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
When I woke up last Tuesday and my apps told me I was 20 weeks and therefore, theoretically, halfway through this pregnancy, I felt a little sad! I’m sure that will change in the late weeks when I’m truck-sized and […]
I ran one of my favorite races this weekend! The NYRR New York Mini 10K is an all-women’s race that pretty much has it all: an inspiring professional field (Des! Molly! Sarah!), thousands of happy female runners lined up behind […]
“In order to find out what you can do, you have to show up. Give yourself a chance and see what happens.” —Desiree Linden When I launched the Ali on the Run Show in February 2017, I knew right away I wanted […]
When I launched the Ali on the Run Show in February 2017, I knew right away I wanted to eventually host live events. I love sharing conversations on the show every week, but human, in-real-life connection is so powerful. I wanted […]
On this bonus episode, Brian Cristiano, founder and CEO of BOLD Worldwide (and my husband), tests out a new round of Sprint to the Finish questions! Click here to listen to Brian on Episode 75 of the Ali on the […]
“I can’t be that guy that’s lying to myself. I said I was going to go do something, now I have to go do it.” —Brian Cristiano Brian Cristiano is the founder and CEO of BOLD Worldwide, a media marketing […]
This week was very exciting and baby-focused! First exciting thing: We had our anatomy scan appointment with our midwife on Wednesday. Everyone said this appointment would be so fun, and while it was great to see the baby onscreen for […]
“Yeah, there are times that I have no idea what I’m doing. But that’s part of the fun of it.” —Sarah Fitzpatrick Clancy Sarah Clancy is the founder and creator of Sarah Marie Design Studio. The runner-specific apparel and accessories […]
I felt like I was 17 weeks pregnant forever. For the most part, time is cruising by. But this week felt long, and I feel like I’ve been telling people I’m 17 weeks for a month now. BABY IS THE […]