Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- The Ali on the Run Show is sponsored by @AfterShokz & they are offering some AWESOME Black Friday & Cyber Monday de… https://t.co/DtwH2BLZ8e about 4 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Traveling today? I have the entertainment for your listening enjoyment. Behold: THE GREAT TURKEY TROT OF 2014, star… https://t.co/jXIbqDOX9y about 7 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: On one month with our little Annie-mal! https://t.co/hytcmocr2G 06:45:08 AM November 20, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/hytcmocr2G 05:18:49 PM November 19, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 21, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 107: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 19, 2018 by AliLife With a Newborn: One Month!
- November 14, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 106: I Had a Baby!
- November 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 105: Emily Abbate, Fitness Writer & Host of the Hurdle Podcast
- October 31, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 104: Stephanie Bruce
“And then somebody comes by, stops, looks me in the eye and goes, ‘Wow! You can do it, buddy!’ And it was in that moment I realized that I wasn’t running. I also realized I wasn’t jogging. I was barely walking. I looked down, and the tops of my shoes are scraping the ground — one slow movement after the next slow movement. And people genuinely thought I had a serious medical condition, and that I was being a hero and a trooper by getting out there.”
Three years ago, my now-husband, Brian Cristiano, and I lined up at the start of two very different Turkey Trots. Though both races were five miles, the outcomes were vastly dissimilar. I ran the Prospect Park Track Club Turkey Trot in Brooklyn, NY, in a respectable 38:41 — a 7:44 minute-per-mile pace. Meanwhile, in Rhode Island, Brian was racing the Newport Pie Run. Here’s a dramatic retelling of how his race went. This is forever my favorite story. Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy LOL-ing!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
We did it! We all survived the first month with a newborn! I honestly can’t believe Annie is already one month old. But, and I know I keep saying this, it also seems like a billion years ago that I […]
“It was like he was the deep breath, and I was the emergency barf bag.” I had a baby! On this episode, I’m joined by a very special guest: Annie Leigh Cristiano. Annie was born on October 16, 2018, at […]
“I had already gotten so far, and I just wasn’t willing to look back. That involved pushing my comfort zone and doing something I maybe wasn’t the best at.” —Emily Abbate Emily Abbate is a freelance writer, editor, and content […]
“When I think something is hard or challenging, I think of how I’m going to grow from it.” —Stephanie Bruce Happy TCS New York City Marathon Week! The professional field is stacked this year, and among the top competitors is […]
On one hand, it feels like Annie just made her grand entrance. (She’s two weeks today!) On the other hand, I feel like she’s been here forever. She has already grown and changed so much, and in the 14 days since […]
Annie Leigh Cristiano made her grand entrance on Tuesday, October 16, 2018, at 8:09 AM. She was born one week before her due date at Hackensack University Medical Center, clocking in at 5 lbs. 10 oz., and measuring 17.5 inches […]
“I hope I’m always willing to be wrong, willing to learn, and able to get better.” —Lauren Fleshman Lauren Fleshman is many things: She’s a retired professional runner, a coach, the co-founder of Picky Bars, the co-creator of the Believe training […]
It’s the last weekly recap post! If you’ve checked in at all, you know how this one ends. (!!!) But in the spirit of documenting it all, here’s a not-super-relevant-now look back at my 38th — and final — week […]
“Make it important. Make a goal, and make time for it. It’s not about ‘no excuses,’ but make it a priority.” —Ashley Fizzarotti Ashley Fizzarotti — best known on the internet as “Running Bun” — joins the Ali on the Run […]