Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- Happy. @ Lansdale, Pennsylvania https://t.co/DQZzdzlyNs 06:53:24 PM May 27, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy. @ Lansdale, Pennsylvania https://t.co/sHFVxoXoqG 06:52:03 PM May 27, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Had a very special little guest on the Ali on the Run Show today! (OK, two special guests!) LOOK… https://t.co/JWyNnN3J07 06:15:01 PM May 26, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 25, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 31: Dan Nevins, Army Veteran, Double Amputee & Yoga Teacher
- May 23, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 30: My Crohn's Disease Story
- May 21, 2017 by Ali2017 Airbnb Brooklyn Half Recap
- May 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 29: Meredith Kennedy, Marketing Operations Manager at BuzzFeed
- May 16, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 28: Let's Talk Running Pet Peeves
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Dan Nevins
Dan Nevins is a yoga instructor and motivational speaker. He’s also a double amputee: Dan lost both his legs in an explosion while serving overseas in the Iraq War. In this episode, Dan talks about his time in the United States Army and the National Guard, shares the story of the explosion that took his legs, and opens up about his experience with post-traumatic stress disorder. He discusses what it was like going from being a competitive runner and athlete to adjusting to a life without legs, and he shares how yoga quite literally saved his life. His story is emotional and inspiring, and is a good reminder of the power of perseverance.
Want to take class with Dan? He’ll be in New York City teaching a two-hour master class at Lyons Den Power Yoga on June 3 to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. Go sign up!
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 30 Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play NEW: Follow the Ali on the Run Show on Facebook! I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease when I was 7 years […]
I ran the Airbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon this weekend! Previous recaps: 2016, 2015, 2011 I made it to the start line and the finish line, and checked out pretty much every porta-potty in between. By the numbers, it was my […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 29 Guest: Meredith Kennedy Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play Meredith Kennedy is the Marketing Operations Manager at BuzzFeed, and is the brand’s former Editorial Chief of […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 28 Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play I love running! That’s no secret. I love doing it, I love talking about it, I love racing, and I […]
I know I know I know. It’s been a while. I’ve missed you! I’ve missed writing here! But such is life, and life lately has been, well…let’s discuss. Remember when I had that awesome week of Brooklyn Half training, and […]
Ali on the Run Show Episode 27: Meggie Smith, MD, Chief Resident in OB-GYN at NYU Langone Medical Center
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 27 Guest: Meggie Smith Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play Meggie Smith is a chief resident in OB-GYN at the NYU Langone Medical Center in New York […]
Posted in Podcast: The Ali on the Run Show and tagged 16 Handles, Ali on the Run Show, Doctor, Eugene Marathon, Insight Timer, Lauren Fleshman, Meggie Smith, New York City Marathon, NYRR New York Mini 10K, NYU Langone Medical Center, OB-GYN, Oiselle, Philadelphia Half Marathon, Picky Bars, Podcast, Shape Women’s Half-Marathon, Stephanie Rothstein Bruce, UAE Healthy Kidney 10K-
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 26 Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play I never expected to be a runner — and I certainly never expected running to be something I actually enjoy. […]
I turn 32 tomorrow. I don’t feel any certain way about 32. I’m into it! It doesn’t feel “OMG old” to me. It feels good. I feel more comfortable and secure on the cusp of 32 than I ever have […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 25 Guest: Bethany Lyons Murray Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play Bethany Lyons is the owner, founder, and CEO of Lyons Den Power Yoga in New York City. […]