Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- February 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 210: Elle Purrier, Indoor Mile American Record Holder
- February 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 209: Catching Up with Andrea Barber
- February 17, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Live in Atlanta + Runners to Watch at the Olympic Marathon Trials
- February 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 208: Love on the Run Week with Kara & Adam Goucher
- February 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
“It’s a pretty misunderstood lifestyle. Unless you’re in it, you don’t really have a clue what it’s like to do it or why you would do it, because it’s so much work. But the people who have a passion for it would never change that.”
Earlier this month, Elle Purrier won the Wanamaker Mile at the Millrose Games in New York City. In the process, she set a new American record in the indoor mile (4:16.85), broke a 37-year-old record, ran an 8-second personal best time, and ran the second fastest indoor mile in history. On this episode, Elle, who runs for New Balance, talks about that day, and reflects on her indoor season before she begins training for outdoor season — and the 2020 Olympic Track & Field Trials. She also talks about growing up on a dairy farm in Vermont, and how that impacted her work ethic.
Thank you to the Atlanta Track Club for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! Go to atlantatrackclub.org to sign up for this weekend’s Publix Atlanta 5K, where you can finish in the same spot as the men and women running the Olympic Trials Marathon the day before!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Recapping Elle’s amazing race at the 2020 Millrose Games (3:00)
- Recapping the next week’s USATF indoor championships in Albuquerque, where Elle ran the 3000m (11:00)
- Elle sounds off on her competition (19:15)
- What’s next for Elle, and how does outdoor training compare to indoor training? (20:30)
- On growing up on a dairy farm in Vermont (22:45)
- A closer look at Elle’s training, and looking back at the 2019 Fifth Avenue Mile (28:30)
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
“I’m an open book. I have no shame about anything I have gone through or felt.” Andrea Barber — perhaps best known as Kimmy Gibbler on Full House and the Netflix revival Fuller House — is back on the Ali on the […]
Who else is so hyped on all this Olympic Marathon Trials energy?! I can’t get enough of these stories. For me, it’s not just about speed and talent. Yes, that’s absolutely a huge part of it. It’s incredible to see […]
Posted in Running-
“Change always takes time, and the battles that Adam and I have chosen to fight have just taken time. We’ve learned to be patient and to think less about ourselves and more about the future.” Happy Valentine’s Day! We’re celebrating […]
“It showed Pat my worst side, and what I’m like when I’m not my happy self.” Gwen Jorgensen won gold at the 2016 Olympic Games in the triathlon, and then decided she wanted to trade in the bike and the […]
“He doesn’t do these grand gestures — he just shows up for me every single day.” Love on the Run Week continues! From the Leers to the Lindens — to the Bruces! Today, professional marathon runners Steph and Ben Bruce […]
I love February 11. A nothing-special day on the calendar to most people, I’m sure. But for me, February 11 is a life-changing day. Nine years ago — February 11, 2011 — I was in a bad relationship. I didn’t […]
“It’s competitive…in a healthy way!” It’s Love on the Run Week on the Ali on the Run Show! First we heard from Aisha Praught and Will Leer, and today it’s the Linden’s turn. On this episode, we hear from 2018 […]
“When talking about running, it’s where we have to be the most delicate with each other.” We’re celebrating love all week long on the Ali on the Run Show: Welcome to Love on the Run Week! Today, we’re kicking things […]
“There was an incredible amount of pressure that I acknowledged and then just kind of wanted to tuck away in the back of my mind and not pay attention to, because if I let that take over, I would’ve been […]